Checklist for Home SellersDownload as PDF
Selling a home is a complicated and often confusing process.
This “Contract to Close” checklist helps you keep track of all the details.
- Contract signed and dated
- Earnest money received
- Home inspection completed and repairs negotiated
- Confirm that buyer has made loan application
- Make sure appraisal is done and satisfactory
- Give all contract documents to closing agent/attorney and set up closing date/time
- Provide payoff information on all existing mortgages to closing attorney
- Advise closing agent on how funds are to be dispersed to you – wire/check
- Get an estimate from moving company and get on the books
- Give utility information to buyer and call utilities to arrange for transfer
- Leave codes to security system, gates, pool; appliance manuals and warranty information.
- Complete any repairs agreed to in contract prior to final walk-through
- Change address for mail, newspaper and magazine subscriptions
- Discontinue property insurance
- Have home cleaned and yard cut for buyer final inspection
- Make arrangements for key transfer and garage door openers at closing
- Confirm with closing agent and buyers that everything is set for close and loan approved
- Review Preliminary HUD (settlement statement) 24-hrs prior to close if possible